During Salone del Mobile Milano. Shanghai (23-25 November 2017) the international jury have selected the three winners from 50 young Chinese designers. The winners in their works demonstrate a combination of the traditional culture (materials, tools…techniques) with their fresh, modern ideas.
1. First prize was won Studio Tame from Shanghai, for their Flux lamp. This elegant and simple lamp shows a mix of the tradition and modernity.
2. The second prize went to Haoxuan Zhong from Bejing for the Patting stool. This small stool inspired by traditional manual assembly technique requiring no particular tools, indicate nice details realized in wood.
3. The third prize received Xiaoqi Zhao from Beijing for Alone chair with an attractive shape and delicate, thin elements used.
Yingyu Zhang from Hangzhou was awarded a Special Mention for Cetus chair. This sculptural, swing-chair shows the beauty of the used material (laminated wood) enabling the user to rest his body and mind.
The special opportunity for all SaloneSatellite Shanghai winners was the invitation to participate in the SaloneSatellite Milano. It will be a pleasure to see their new designs during Salone del Mobile.Milano (17-22 April 2018).
It is expected that great deal of awarded prototypes from Shanghai, will go into production and that their creators will join a big family of famous designers.
Chinese designers like many others already working in Italy (like Konstantin Grcic from Germany …Karim Rashid from Egypt…. Toyo Ito from Japan…), will contribute that ideas, Made in Italy design become global.
- SaloneSatellite Shanghai Award: the winners of the 2nd edition
- Salone Of the Mobile Milano Shanghai: The design "made in Italy" Chinese conquest
All photos by Salone del Mobile.Milano